We are so incredibly excited to get back to work and can’t wait to reconnect with each and everyone of you! Thank you for being so patient with us, we will require your continued patience as we resume (not so normal) operations. As we navigate through these unprecedented times, it is clear to us that business will not resume as usual.
To safely reopen we have implemented new regulations and safety protocols, for both stylists and clients. These regulations have been provided to us by Work Safe BC and the Health Authorities, are necessary for the safety of our clients and staff and must be strictly adhered to.
In keeping with the new salon safety guidelines, we will only be able to accommodate about 50% of the number of clients we used to see in a day/week. First, we have begun to reach out to those who had a previously scheduled appointment (that was canceled as a result of the mandatory closure). We are starting to open up our online booking system as well, in staggered phases, depending on the stylist. Please consider pre-booking a few appointments as space will continue to be limited. If you have coloured your hair at home(no judgement) or have other concerns, please reach out to your stylist for a virtual consultation before booking. You may need to book extra time and we would like to be prepared for this.
Please be prepared for a longer appointment time than before. We have stretched appointment timing to ensure adequate time for sanitizing and disinfection.
· If you or anyone in your household has experienced any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 including coughing, shortness of breath, sore throat, or have had any fevers, body aches, or chills, PLEASE be honest, transparent and RESCHEDULE your appointment. We are not paranoid, but do not wish to risk endangering any of our other clients or our families! There will be NO penalty for rescheduling your appointment if you are sick. Please do give us as much notice as possible.
· We suggest you do not arrive more than 5 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time. When you arrive, please stay in your car or wait outside the door. Your stylist will call or text you when they are ready for you. We are required to thoroughly disinfect our entire work space between each client, as governed by the new regulations, as well as limit the salon capacity to maintain physical distancing. Unless you are accompanying a minor who is also having a hair appointment, please come alone.
· We will do our very best to be on time, please do your best to be on time too. If you are late, it puts us behind for our next client and we are already going to be very stretched for time with all the grown out hair/roots and stringent cleaning protocols.
· We have had to reduce all touch points so we will not have candies or magazines. Feel free to bring your own reading materials!
· We are not permitted to offer beverages at this time, you may bring your own provided your cup has a lid.
· We can not help you with your coat, which is going to feel strange and impolite. We cannot shake hands or hug. Please know we are not wanting to be as rude as we may seem. We can air hug though!
· A mask is REQUIRED. Please bring your own, clean behind the ear mask. If you are having a colour, please keep in mind that colour will get on your mask. Don’t have a mask? We have disposable masks on hand
· Upon entry into the salon, clients will be expected to wash their hands or use the hand sanitizer provided.
· NO WALK INS (all appointments must be pre booked by calling us at 604-371-2875 or booking online at serendipityhairstudio.ca
· We will not be able to talk with you as much as we like to. Our masks get quite hot with a lot of talking
A small Sanitation Fee has been added to each appointment to cover the cost of cleaning supplies, disposable capes, PPE, proper PPE disposal costs. This will be the case in all salons, as we have been consulting with many other professional stylists in the community.
Note: Please let us know if you have been coloring your hair at home, as we may need additional time to safely correct your hair! Color correction may be charged at a higher rate, if it requires additional time and/or product.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
Our salon team is dedicated to yours (and ours) health and safety. We are trained in the correct sanitation and disinfection protocols mandated by Health Canada. We are certified in the safe use of Barbicide and are also a Beauty Safe Salon.
The BeautySafe Certification was developed with the assistance of Cosmetology & Health Professionals from across Canada, including:
· BC Centre of Disease Control
· Fraser Health
· Ministry of Health (PSE Guidelines)
· WorkSafe BC
· If any of our team members are sick or displaying any symptoms of COVID 19 they will not come into work and will reschedule their appointments.
· We have multiple hand sanitizer stations in the salon.
· While we do have tap payment for debit and credit, we will be disinfecting our POS machine after each use.
· We will have a maximum 8 people at one time (including 3 stylists)
· Our stylist chairs will be 2m apart.
· Our wash basin area is limited to one stylist/client combo at a time.
· Our stylists will be wearing the latest in fashion donning masks and disposable or freshly laundered aprons.
· Gloves will be worn when shampooing the hair. Gloves will be disposed of after each use.
· All tools and hard surfaces will be disinfected between clients.
· We will be using disposable or a new, freshly laundered cape for each client.
· As always, new freshly laundered towels will be used for each client.
We realize this does not sound like the salon experience you are used to, but rest assured we will provide you with the best service possible.
Thank you for your continued support and we look forward to seeing you!